Buy Raffle Tickets and win amazing prizes!!!
Hi all, as I mentioned in my previous post, I'm happy to be one of 17 wine bloggers that are participating in "Menu for Hope III" benefiting the United Nations World Food Programme. Big kudos go out to Pim for heading up this amazing effort.
We wine bloggers, as well as scores of your favorite food bloggers have donated lots of great food and wine goodies so you, gentle readers, can spend as little as $10 tax-deductible dollars and win big.
Longtime readers of the Corkdork know that one of the main reasons for starting this blog was to document great food and wine pairings. My prize is a fresh copy of Evan Goldstein's "Perfect Pairings: A Master Sommelier's Practical Advice for Partnering Wine with Food" (Hardcover) that I will do my best to have autographed by the author.
In order to specify this prize, you need to use the prize code: WB12.
While this does have many excellent recipes, it's real value is Evan's insights into the theory of why certain foods work best with very particular wine styles i.e., Fruit-forward, dry bubblies (Brut style), Earthy, minerally chardonnays (Burgundy style), Blended sangioveses (Super Tuscan-style). He thinks the way I do...backwards. First you pick the wine you want to serve, then make a meal around it. I hope whomever wins this gets as much use out of their copy as I do from mine. After checking out Pim's list of prizes, here's what you should do...
1. Go to the donation page at the donation site.
2. Make a donation, each $10 will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize or prizes you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. This is very important. Do tell us how many tickets you want to allocate per prize, and please use the prize code -for example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for UW01 and 3 for UW02.
3. If your company matches your charity donation, please remember to check the box and fill in the information so we can claim the corporate match.
4. Please also check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
5. Check back on Chez Pim on January 15 when we announce the result of the raffle. (The drawing will be done electronically. Our friend the code wizard Derrick at Obsession with Food is responsible for the wicked application that will do the job.)
Best of luck to all my readers and PLEASE, be as generous as you can.